Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Yarn-bombing, sort of

At work, our Human Resources Department is concerned with many things, including ergonomics.  One of the things we can request for our desks is a wrist support for our keyboards and also our mouse pads.  The latest wrist supports are fabric with beads of some sort inside, so they're like bean bags.  Very comfortable!  Both of my wrist supports are black fabric.  I have a friend at work, LT, and one of hers is black and the other is grey, and she is jealous of my matching wrist supports.  I offered to swap my black one for her grey one, but she said that she didn't want to take my wrist support.  So one day last week, after she left for the day, I swapped mine for hers.  The next day she swapped them back when I was at lunch.  I thought that we could go on  and on this way, but I wanted to out-do her.  I had an inspiration and decided that I would yarn-bomb her wrist supports!  Ok, yarn-bombing is really textile graffitti - you're supposed to wrap your knitting around a light post, or a tree, or a railing, etc. - something public.  Wrapping LT's wrist supports isn't truly yarn-bombing, but at least they match now, as you can see:



And green is her favorite color, so I hope she likes this.  I'll find out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment